Google just announced they're launching a new feature that will "help users prevent themselves from sending inappropriate emails when drunk." It's called Mail Goggles, and it works by forcing the user to answer a series of math problems before an email will be sent. Thus, you will be saved much embarrassment if you're too hammered to:
a) Do math problems
b) Find and/or operate a calculator
c) See the math problems and/or numbers on the calculator
d) Remember what math is
Now if only someone would invent Text Goggles. I can't tell you how many times I've been woken up in the middle of the night to texts like these:
• I'm drunk and want to state that I would like to talk to Craig Kilborn about ESPN and Prince.
• I will play Culture Club and I will be proud.
• You cannot underestimate the brilliance of Little Red Corvette.
• If being drunk was a bad sitcom I am mother fucking Three's Company.
• Walking on Sunshine... best song ever.
• Near death... no Taco Bell in sight... Head on the Door is the greatest Cure song ever.
• I am drunk and I am playing the jukebox and I am in love with my cats and I love ham.
Actually, all those are pretty priceless. Nevermind. Don't invent Text Goggles. Just remind me to turn my cell phone off at night.
Get the best of the Mercury each week in your inbox!