This Week in the Mercury

My Little Brony

Film

My Little Brony

A Brony Tale: Friendship Is Creepy


Shakespeare 6: The Summering

Theater

Shakespeare 6: The Summering

You Can't Outrun the Bard



Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Portland Upside

Posted by Matt Davis on Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 1:41 PM

Next issue: They call four hundred people asking them to "just say something nice" about the mayor.

e358/1250108759-upside.jpg

What I really love about the name is that it implies there's a huge downside, too. The paper is published monthly in Damascus, Oregon, and is seeking "volunteer writers to tell the positive stories of the Portland metro area," in case you're interested. From the website:
We were tired of being inundated with negative news. News media often focuses on the worst 1% of human behavior, leaving us with a distorted picture of our community. We are here to give the other 99% a voice, the everyday positive stories of life. Good news inspires, encourages, and builds a stronger and happier community, and that is our goal.

I can't wait to write my first volunteer submission.

Comments (14)

Showing 1-14 of 14

 
Subscribe to this thread:
Showing 1-14 of 14

Comments are closed.

All contents © Index Newspapers, LLC

115 SW Ash St. Suite 600
Portland, OR 97204

Contact Info | Privacy Policy | Production Guidelines | Terms of Use | Takedown Policy