There's only one person on the planet who can take a clunky line of dialogue like "Does this look like a team-orientated group of individuals to you?" and make it sound badass. That person is Danny Trejo.
Couple of thoughts:
• Predators was supposedly conceived by Robert Rodriguez to follow in the same vein as Aliens—hence the title—and, yep, this looks a whole lot like Aliens.
• Also! Have any Blogtown readers seen other films by director Nimród Antal? The only thing of his I've seen is Armored, which is fucking terrible.
• Also! This is weird, but am I the only one who's kinda disappointed Topher Grace doesn't get any love in the trailer? Dude is second-billed in the credits, right after Adrien Brody, but you wouldn't know it from the preview. C'mon, Fox! I want to see Eric Forman fighting Predators. Preferably with Fez. And Hyde. And definitely Jackie.
• NOTE FOR MSSRS. RODRIGUEZ AND ANTAL: It'd be great if these humans found another human on the planet who was also trying to fight predators and it was Chris Hansen.
• Also, Fox? For whatever reason, I still haven't heard from you about the original artwork I created for
Pr3dator Predators. Obviously, you will want to use this image for the film's theatrical poster. Email me, we can work something out.
Get the best of the Mercury each week in your inbox!