Early election results are coming in from the East Coast, with a not-so-shocking win for the Tea Party in Kentucky. Here's what we got so far:
• In the Senate race, Tea Partier Rand Paul beats Democrat Jack Conway 53% to 47% in Kentucky.
• In Florida, Tea Party candidate Marco Rubio slams the competition, coming in with 50% of the vote. Independent Charlie Crist followed with a shameful 29%, ahead of Democrat Kendrick Meek with only 19%.
• So far, the GOP has gained one seat in the Senate, zero in the House. Update! Make that -1 in the House. Update 5:45 pm! Now make that +1 in the House. GEEZ!
• In addition, the GOP has prevailed in Ohio, Indiana, and South Carolina senate races.
• The AP is projecting that Democrat Chris Coons has defeated masturbating witch Christine O'Donnell in Delaware. UPDATE! It's official: O'Donnell is dunzo. Karl Rove had this to say, from Politico: “It gave me no pleasure to say that she was unlikely to win. But this again proves a lesson. This is a candidate who was right on the issues but who had mishandled a series of questions brought up by the press.”
Stay tuned for more election updates, and posts from our roving party crashers!
Get the best of the Mercury each week in your inbox!