Here's the latest from the national scene:
• The AP projects that Andrew Cuomo will be the next governor of New York, kicking the homophobic ass of that dickhead Rep. Carl Paladino. Sorry!
• Georgia chimes in with a big win for Republicans in the Senate: Johnny Isakson beats Dem Michael Thurmond by a whopping 63-43%.
• In Oklahoma, Republican Senate hopeful Tom Coburn bests Jim Rogers 72-25%. OUCH!
• John Boozman takes out Democratic Blanche Lincoln in the Arkansas Senate race (50-43%).
• Democrats are holding strong in Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut and Vermont senate races.
• North and South Dakota's senate races go Republican.
• The Democratic body count goes up: Republicans have gained two seats in the Senate and SIX in the House.
Get the best of the Mercury each week in your inbox!