• Brian Michael Bendis (Scarlet and Ultimate Spider-Man)
• Colleen Coover (X-Men: First Class, Small Favors, and an illo or two for some hack newspaper)
• Steve Lieber (Underground, Whiteout)
• Paul Tobin (Spider-Girl [pictured at right], Spider-Man Adventures)
• Jeff Parker (Agents of Atlas, Mysterius the Unfathomable)
Alas, the bad news: The panel/Q&A/signing is way out in Tualatin, starting at 7 pm at the Borders in the creepy, The Prisoner-esque Bridgeport Village (7227 SW Bridgeport Road).
But hey, back to the good news part again: The event's free, you can totally annoy this lineup of smart, funny, friendly, and crazy talented creators with your inane questions about their work, and Borders is gonna donate 25 percent of tonight's proceeds from the sales of these creators' works to Lifebeat, "a nonprofit that uses the power of music and the music industry to help educate young people about HIV/AIDS prevention"—just like these guys!
So yeah: It's clear out in Tualatin, but it's also a great panel for a good cause. Definitely worth heading out there for, especially if you're a Marvel fan.
Get the best of the Mercury each week in your inbox!