Last night was the "Fall season finale" of The Walking Dead which means no more new episodes until February—which should give them plenty of time to get off of Old McBoring's Farm, right? OOPS! Sorry, I will now save all my spoiler-filled opinions until after the jump. So what are we waiting for? Let's get chitty-chatting!
Okay, here are my thoughts about the Fall season finale!
1) Now don't get me wrong, I still like this show... but sometimes, it's like watching a community theater in action, ya know? Like that first scene where Glenn is waffling over his "There are walkers in the barn" speech, and Hotsie is shaking her head "no-no" while Grandpa Eyebrows is nodding "yes-yes"? That was "annoying-annoying."
2) Old McBoring (the doctor/vet) is now officially a sanctimonious ass. And whether Rick's wife is preggo or not, there have GOT to be better places to live than with a Bible-thumping, pro-life, sanctimonious ass.
3) Speaking of which, did you notice any "pro life" undertones which the writers have been accused of recently?
4) Absolute WORST scene: Grandpa Eyebrows trying to steal and hide Shane's gun bag... for what reason exactly? When bad actors have bad character motivations bad scenes like this happen.
5) Obviously the BEST scene was the final quarter when Shane flips his hillbilly wig and decides to take out all the walkers in the barn. And that sequence with Rick trying to sneak by the gang with his walker on a leash? HA! Priceless! I loved the awkwardness of that.
6) Okay, so raise your hands: Who guessed Sophia was in the barn? I did, a couple of episodes ago, but I didn't want to believe it. Anyway, she was the most adorable zombie yet, and Rick should've let his boy blow her head off. That would have made this episode the best thing ever... or does it simply expose me as a devious, heartless dick?
7) Anyway, your turn! Have you been satisfied or what with season two? Speak your filthy mind in the comments!
Get the best of the Mercury each week in your inbox!