• A very sweaty Shatner waits inside a cardboard box on a Los Angeles street, then ambushes a very confused Kate Mulgrew
• An awkward Shatner awkwardly sits at a tiny little table set up just outside the front gate of Paramount Studios (presumably because he is not allowed upon, or did not get permission to enter, Paramount Studios), making small talk with Chris Pine, at which point he challenges Chris Pine to an arm wrestle
• Avery Brooks reveals himself to be more or less 100 percent bugnuts insane, alternately spouting gibberish and playing musical numbers on his piano, which a confused William Shatner not-very-convincingly pretends to appreciate
• Patrick Stewart strongly implies that his time on Star Trek: The Next Generation made him cheat on his wife, possibly numerous times, which Shatner seems to be pretty impressed by
• Scott Bakula shows up, rides a horse, has nothing to say
I cannot wait. Even if Get a Life! is just the documentary that already exists about Trekkies, called, um, Trekkies, but interspersed with occasional scenes in which a sweaty Shatner ambushes actresses from inside a cardboard box, I will watch the hell out of it. Possibly as a double feature with How William Shatner Changed the World, the documentary in which Shatner humbly lets everyone know that every single technological advancement of the last five decades is thanks to him:
"HEY, HI, HI, HI, HI, IT'S ME, WILLIAM SHATNER!"
Get the best of the Mercury each week in your inbox!