It's the Dream Fitness Goal of Small Women Everywhere—But Can It Be a Reality?
Here's what I learned about 22-year-olds from the new Taylor Swift video "22":
1) 22-year-olds like to dress up like hipsters. (This is an important distinction, because according to them they are definitely NOT hipsters.)
2) 22-year-olds are both "magical" and "miserable." But I would guess not in equal portions.
3) 22-year-olds are "happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time." Kind of like Alanis Morissette was 17 years ago when she had one hand in her pocket, and the other one giving a peace sign.
4) 22-year-olds have their own "gang sign" which is holding up two fingers on each hand. This is not as good as the 44-year-olds gang sign, or MC Hammer's "2 Legit 2 Quit" gang sign.
5) 22-year-olds wear cat ears—which I'm sorry, is so sad it absolutely breaks my heart.
6) 22-year-olds have the worst parties and are the worst dancers.
7) Taylor Swift is actually 23... but that's something 23-year-olds do. Wish they were 22.
Get the best of the Mercury each week in your inbox!