If you wanna spend some money, honey, here's what's happening this week on Portland's independent fashion and retail front:
• As part of the monthly Shop the Block, Adorn is throwing a trunk show for one of their favorites, Prairie Underground, with exclusive pieces available through the week, 10 percent off all new in-stock Prairie pieces, and a "gently used" Prairie section, plus refreshments. Adorn, 4120 NE Fremont, Wednesday, March 12, 4-8 pm
• The cluttered delight that is Flutter is hosting a second Thursday (also a thing?) art show featuring illustrator Corina Dross' portraits as well as her zine, Echo Chamber. Flutter, 3948 N Mississippi, Thursday, March 13, 5-8 pm
• Wildfang doesn't half-ass much, and their first anniversary is no exception. They're planning a two-part blowout, beginning with free beer and wine at their flagship store as they roll out yet another limited edition collab, this time with Petals and Peacocks. Part two moves over to the White Owl for bands (Hurry Up, The Ghost Ease) and DJ Hero Worship. There'll also be one-night-only discounts and the debut of—of course—a brand new cocktail called "The Wildfang." Wildfang, 1230 SE Grand, Friday, March 14, 5-8 pm, free; White Owl Social Club, 1305 SE 8th, 8 pm $3
• Tiny NE Alberta shop Amelia has a one-year birthday, too! Theirs is a bit more straightforward, with refreshments and 25 percent off storewide—but as a destination for locally manufactured apparel, it's not to be overlooked! Amelia, 2230 NE Alberta, Saturday, March 15, 5-9 pm
• Meet the makers: Lizard Lounge hosts the designers of the lines Primecut and Upper Metal Class for an afternoon social with Prosecco and appetizers, plus a chance to win a $50 gift certificate. Lizard Lounge, 1323 NW Irving, Saturday, March 15, noon-4 pm
• Vintage shop Half Pint is moving on up to the heavily foot-trafficked N Mississippi. They're inviting all to come help them break in the new space with refreshments, raffles, and a photo booth, too. (Maybe be prepared to leave with a pair of their vintage boots—also their specialty.) Half Pint, 3920 N Mississippi, Sunday, March 16, 2-6 pm
Check in with MOD daily to keep up with additions as they happen!
Get the best of the Mercury each week in your inbox!